The Technology Coalition facilitates the global tech industry’s fight against the online sexual abuse and exploitation of children. Founded in 2006, the Coalition is an alliance of technology companies of varying sizes and sectors that work together to drive critical advances in technology and adoption of best practices for keeping children safe online. We convene and align the global tech industry, pooling their knowledge and expertise, to help all our members better prevent, detect, report, and remove online child sexual abuse content. This coalition represents a powerful core of expertise that is moving the tech industry towards a digital world where children are free to play, learn, and explore without fear of harm.
Technology Coalition Core Employee Values
The Technology Coalition strives to ensure that each member of our team feels welcomed and valued. At the heart of this are four core values we expect all team members exemplify. We are:
- Committed to one another and to the work. We dig in and get it done. We own the whole mission. We help and support one another and are accountable for our actions and results.
- Capable of purposeful and thoughtful leadership. We are resourceful, well-prepared, organized, and responsible. We are well-informed and we execute with excellence.
- Creative in our approach to our mission. We are thoughtful, agile, and innovative. We seek out new and better ways forward. We bring new perspectives to solve old and new problems. We have lots of ideas.
- Kind humans. We are friendly, generous, helpful, and considerate
The Technology Coalition is seeking a Communications Specialist to support the Director of Global Marketing and Communications in implementing the organization’s brand and marketing strategy. The Communications Specialist will help ensure cohesive brand and messaging alignment across platforms, strengthen the Coalition’s web and digital media presence, and produce high-quality resources for members, stakeholders, and the media.
- Support the execution of the Coalition’s brand, marketing, and communications strategy that measurably increases the Coalition’s credibility and influence among key stakeholders;
- Manage the Coalition’s website and social media, including the creation and delivery of original content across a variety of platforms on behalf of the Technology Coalition and in support of our industry members;
- Draft talking points for media interviews, speaking engagements, and presentations;
- Draft press releases and add content to external announcements featuring the Technology Coalition;
- Create and update press kits;
- Create and produce external newsletter to reach multi-stakeholder audience;
- Coordinate closely with the communications and PR functions of partner and member organizations;
- Conduct research and draft educational papers on issues related to the tech industry’s prevention, detection, reporting, and removal of child sex abuse materials online;
- Support the development of additional Technology Coalition Member resources;
- Assist in development and publication of multistakeholder reports;
- Assist with promotion and production of Technology Coalition events and appearances;
- Support the Coalition’s working groups as needed.
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in communications/marketing in tech, nonprofit or related industry;
- Experience managing multiple digital media channels, creating tailored content for each audience, to achieve growth goals and message cohesion;
- Experience with basic graphic design functions in Canva and/or Photoshop, and website management using WordPress and/or Droople;
- Strong research and writing capabilities, with the ability to adapt messaging to multiple stakeholder audiences;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and professionally with high-level partners;
- Great project management skills, including time management, goal-setting, multitasking and prioritization
- Good data analysis, problem-solving and critical thinking skills;
- Must be collaborative and nimble, with the ability to thrive as part of a small team
Location: Fully remote with option to office in Washington, D.C. area (US-based)
Travel: Travel required as circumstances permit
Does this sound like the right fit for you? Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.