Since 2006, the Technology Coalition has been uniting the leading global tech firms to protect children from online sexual exploitation and abuse. Reinvigorated in 2020 with the launch of Project Protect, the TC is a rapidly growing coalition of large and small tech companies, including Google, Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Microsoft and Twitter, that have made a mutual commitment to support and collaboration for the purpose of eradicating online child sexual exploitation and abuse. We have combined forces to accelerate the technological innovations that will keep children safe, facilitate information and knowledge sharing amongst our members, advance meaningful dialogue between industry and the broader child protection community, drive industry transparency and accountability, and fund independent research.
The Technology Coalition is seeking its first Director of Marketing and Communications to pioneer the Coalition’s brand, marketing and communications strategy, ensure that the Coalition’s message is effectively communicated, and mobilize the full power of the global tech industry to keep children safe.
- The Technology Coalition is recognized as a leading resource for big and small companies seeking to build or improve their capacity to stop online sexual exploitation and abuse of children (OSEAC).
- Coalition Members are recognized as industry leaders in the protection of children from OSEAC.
- The Tech Coalition is recognized as a leading convenor and effective facilitator of dialogue between the Tech Industry and policy makers, regulators, law enforcement, NGOs, survivor networks, and other key child protection stakeholders.
- Develop and lead execution of a breakthrough brand, marketing, and communications strategy that measurably increases TC’s credibility and influence among key stakeholders, sparks potential member interest, and delivers on the promises of Project Protect.
- Engage with key media outlets, both proactively and reactively, to generate high quality, high impact media coverage.
- Create and oversee the creation and delivery of original content across a variety of platforms, across current and emerging channels.
- Oversee the development and publication of multistakeholder reports.
- Develop and manage agreements and contracts with external communications firms.
- Represent TC in key venues and serve as spokesperson as necessary.
- Coordinate closely with the Communications functions of partner and member organizations.
- Lead crisis communications and manage reputational risk.
- Assist with promotion and production of multi-stakeholder events.
- Bachelors Degree.
- Minimum 7 years in communications/marketing role in Tech, Nonprofit, or related Industry.
- A proven track record in campaign development and brand storytelling.
- Demonstrated ability to develop clear, targeted, interwoven branding, marketing, and communications strategies tailored for different audiences and channels.
- Exceptional leadership and collaboration skills, and ability to build strong partnerships with cross-functional teams at all levels across the organization and agency partners to facilitate team success.
- Demonstrated capacity to gain traction for product/issue amongst a host of competing voices clamoring for attention and market share.
- Experience utilizing various social media channels to achieve strategic communications, marketing and brand goals.
- Experience managing relationships with and requests from traditional media.
- Experience managing external contractors
- Premier communicator with exemplary writing skills and an innate ability to make very complex concepts and offerings simple and intuitive.
Location: Fully remote with option to office in Washington, D.C. area (US-based)
Travel: Significant travel required as circumstances permit
Does this sound like the right fit for you? Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.