Since 2006, the Technology Coalition has been uniting the leading global tech firms to protect children from online sexual exploitation and abuse. Reinvigorated in 2020 with the launch of Project Protect, the TC is a rapidly growing coalition of large and small tech companies, including Google, Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Microsoft and Twitter, that have made a mutual commitment to support and collaboration for the purpose of eradicating online child sexual exploitation and abuse. We have combined forces to accelerate the technological innovations that will keep children safe, facilitate information and knowledge sharing amongst our members, advance meaningful dialogue between industry and the broader child protection community, drive industry transparency and accountability, and fund independent research.
The Technology Coalition is seeking its first Director of Programs to play a lead role in the development and delivery of the Coalition’s next generation of programs, products and services that will enhance the global tech industry’s efforts to eradicate online child sexual exploitation and abuse. In this role, you will work directly with executives from our member firms to build the tools and advance the programs that will keep children safe online. You will be in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who inspire greatness in their teammates. Our unique position as a leader in online protection ensures that you’ll always be challenged in your work and supported in reaching your most ambitious goals.
This Role Might Be for You If You:
- Want to drive global change and make an impact.
- Are passionate about keeping vulnerable children safe from sexual abuse.
- Are obsessed with customer success and use customer feedback as a key input for product decisions.
- Have experience owning a portfolio of products and services and defining long-term strategy and vision.
- Have experience working in cross-functional product teams in a start-up or a leading technology corporation.
- Possess strong business & entrepreneurial acumen with strategic, analytical, and critical thinking.
- Can drive strategic product communications through presentations across organizations providing clarity in decisions.
- Have experience in interacting with customers in the IT industry.
- Possess a track record of successfully delivering on complex projects and possess global experience.
- Advance the objectives of Project Protect by ensuring timely delivery of outcomes and key results.
- Drive the continuing development of a more effective and efficient multi-sector global response to online CSEA.
- Ensure that Tech Coalition’s products, programs and services provide significant value to Coalition members.
- Identify new growth areas, new technology and emerging product/service opportunities that will enhance industry efforts to eradicate OCSEA.
- Ensure that TC products, programs and services reflect member and key external stakeholder requirements.
- Lead roadmapping, goal setting, story writing, product execution, testing, and product roll-out strategy.
- Build product learning agendas and OKRs to measure success/failure.
- Contribute to a fast-moving, results-driven culture that also prioritizes continuous learning.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with strategic partners and ensure success of joint ventures.
- Develop and oversee an internal consulting capacity to support member companies’ efforts to continually improve and adapt their strategies, practice and tools for eradicating OCSEA on their platforms.
- Represent Coalition in multi stakeholder forums and strengthen partnerships across industry and the broader child protection community.
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum 5 years in product or project management with experience in the tech industry strongly preferred.
- Experience in online child trust and safety strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience influencing, negotiating, and collaborating across multiple business teams.
- Proven track record as a decisive, action-oriented individual, who has led cross-functional global teams to define and achieve high value objectives.
- Premier communicator with exemplary writing skills and an innate ability to make very complex concepts and offerings simple and intuitive.
- Team player, supporting and promoting team accomplishments with a proven ability to drive change through influence and collaboration across a matrix organization in a highly fluid environment.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data, and industry trends.
- Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule and deploy new feature sets.
- Communicate effectively by preparing and presenting decks to various stakeholders. Ability to effectively communicate technical feedback to a diverse group of stakeholders including customers
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
Location: Remote with option to office in Washington, D.C. area (US-based)
Travel: Significant travel required as circumstances permit
Does this sound like the right fit for you? Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.