Since 2006, the Technology Coalition has been uniting the leading global tech firms to protect children from online sexual exploitation and abuse. Reinvigorated in 2020 with the launch of Project Protect, the TC is a rapidly growing coalition of large and small tech companies, including Google, Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Microsoft and Twitter, that have made a mutual commitment to support and collaboration for the purpose of eradicating online child sexual exploitation and abuse. We have combined forces to accelerate the technological innovations that will keep children safe, facilitate information and knowledge sharing amongst our members, advance meaningful dialogue between industry and the broader child protection community, drive industry transparency and accountability, and fund independent research.
The Technology Coalition is seeking its first Manager of Member Operations to play a lead role in mobilizing the global tech industry to eradicate online child sexual exploitation and abuse. In this role, you will build the systems, manage the processes, and facilitate the events that provide Coalition members with extraordinary support and service. You will be in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who inspire greatness in their teammates. Our unique position as a leader in online protection ensures that you’ll always be challenged in your work and supported in reaching your most ambitious goals.
This Role Might Be for You If You:
- Want to drive global change and make an impact.
- Are passionate about keeping vulnerable children safe from abuse.
- Are obsessed with customer service and passionate about crafting exceptional customer experience.
- Have successfully developed systems and deployed technological solutions to ensure efficiency, consistency and quality in customer service.
- Enjoy working with a diverse set of people from a global context.
- Possess strong business & entrepreneurial acumen with strategic, analytical, and critical thinking.
- Have experience in interacting with customers in the IT industry.
- Have event-planning experience.
- Possess a track record of successfully delivering on complex projects and possess global experience.
- Coalition members receive a brand-distinguishing level of service and support from the Coalition.
- The Coalition grows organically as current members share the significant value they derive from Coalition membership with their network.
- New members experience a comprehensive orientation to the Coalition that immediately delivers value in terms of new resources, relationships and tailored opportunities to engage.
- The Coalition is recognized as a leading resource for big and small companies seeking to build their capacity to stop online sexual exploitation and abuse of children (OSEAC).
- The Coalition maintains a robust infrastructure of integrated systems and processes that enable the Coalition to deliver exceptional service to members and prospective members.
- The Coalition is recognized as a leading convenor and effective facilitator of dialogue between the Tech Industry and policy makers, regulators, law enforcement, NGOs, survivor networks, and other key child protection stakeholders.
- Coalition members are well-informed and aligned with respect to Coalition initiatives, resources, and other significant events relating to online child protection.
- Define, strengthen and deliver on the value proposition for membership in the Coalition based on an in-depth understanding of the tech industry’s unique challenges and opportunities with respect to OSEAC.
- Establish, retain and deepen the Coalition’s relationship with its members through the creation and stewardship of a member experience that provides members with exemplary service, support, and responsiveness based on each member’s unique context.
- Develop and implement a membership recruiting, screening and onboarding strategy based on a clear value proposition for potential and current members that drives growth.
- Own, develop and ensure timely delivery of member resources that produce exceptional value for members.
- Produce exceptional member events that drive member engagement and build the relationships and good will necessary for cross-industry collaboration.
- Collaborate with the Director of Marketing and Communications to develop and execute a member communications strategy that produces alignment and ensures all members are well informed with respect to Coalition initiatives, resources, and other relevant developments.
- Develop membership engagement metrics, deploy membership surveys, analyze results, and develop strategies to increase member engagement where appropriate.
- Ensure proper billing, collection and reconciliation of member dues in a timely manner.
- Manage and ensure prompt response to inbound requests to the Technology Coalition’s intake channels.
- Maintain accurate and up to date membership information.
- Schedule and facilitate Membership Meetings, Webinars, and Annual Events.
- Manage Coalition’s IT, HR, finance, event and membership services vendor relationships.
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum 5 years work experience in membership services, hospitality or customer service related field.
- Proven track record building a customer experience that won new customers and deepened existing customer engagement.
- Premier communicator with exemplary writing skills and an innate ability to make very complex concepts and offerings simple and intuitive.
- Demonstrated experience building the systems, processes and technological infrastructure necessary to deliver exemplary customer service.
- Team player, supporting and promoting team accomplishments with a proven ability to drive change through influence and collaboration across a matrix organization in a highly fluid environment.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to evolve product and service strategy based on research, data, and industry trends.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions.
- Experience producing events that measurably deepen existing customer engagement and win new customers.
Location: Washington D.C. Area
Does this sound like the right fit for you? Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.